LS1 Fueling at WOT?

Robert Wimmer wimmerr at georgetown.edu
Tue Jan 23 13:39:34 GMT 2001

I have read conflicting opinions of the WOT fueling control on a GM
LS1.  Hopefully, someone on this list can help me out.

At WOT, are L-trims used to adjust fuel flow in an attempt to maintain
the preset A/F ratio?  For example: if I increase fuel pressure, after a
short period of driving the closed loop control algorithms will reduce
injector pulse width to maintain stoich.  Is this closed loop correction
transferred to the WOT open loop tables or do they remain unchanged and
mixture richens at WOT?