Custom MAF system: help w/ calculations

John Dammeyer johnd at autoartisans.com
Wed Jan 24 08:58:20 GMT 2001

Hi,

My guess is the MAF systems still use some sort of Volumetric Efficiency
table or else you could use a percentage of intake valve open time since you
already have the flow rate.  If you work it backwards you can see that
sampling the MAF rapidly over the period of time that the intake is open
will give you a series of mass air readings that summed probably come close
to the mass of air in the cylinder.

Cheers,

John