Another injector question

Steve Ruse rusej at letu.edu
Thu Jan 25 06:06:54 GMT 2001

------=_NextPart_000_00AC_01C08663.96F9A000

Hi, my name is Steve Ruse, and I am much in the same position as James. =
I am working on a fuel injection system for a Formula SAE car at =
LeTourneau University. I have a lot to learn, and this list looks like a =
great place to do that.=20

The engine is a 600cc four cyl from a Honda CBR. I also own a '94 Z28 =
and do custom EEPROM tuning on it, that is basically where I "cut my =
teeth" on EFI.

I am interested in the answer to James's last question, and I have also =
have some questions of my own.

First, what are some good sources for injectors? We have some for =
testing, but I don't think they are the ones that we will want to use in =
the end.=20

What is the best way to test the flow rate of our injectors? Is there =
something better than just timing how long it takes them to move a given =
amount of fuel?

Also, how can we account for the open/close delays of our injectors? =
Could that be accurately determined accurately by varying the duty cycle =
and seeing how the flow rate changes from when the injectors are at 100% =
duty cycle? Is there an easy way to keep our fuel pressure constant =
while performing this test? We were just going to try using an =
automotive fuel pressure regulator.

Thanks!
Steve Ruse