[OT]Electronic Cams? EDN article Link

don.broadus at exeloncorp.com don.broadus at exeloncorp.com
Thu Jan 25 14:26:14 GMT 2001

It's called a coffman charge. Not only was it used in W.W.II but early
British jet engines used this system of starting. The first time in the US
they went to start this British plane by hitting the coffman charge, which
by the way puts out thick black exhaust smoke and the ground crew not
knowing about the coffman charge promptly covered the air plane with fire
retardant foam.

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon Corp. proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the  Exelon Corp. family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.