Another injector question: flow rates

hamid gatch-karan hamidgatch at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 14:26:34 GMT 2001

--- james.drysdale at utoronto.ca wrote:

> Thanks for the responses to my previous question!
> (Even the ones from those
> guys at Queens :)
>
> Here's another: What's the difference between static
> and dynamic flow rates for
> fuel injectors?
>
> The spec sheet for my injectors lists both, but
> which should I use to calculate
> the pulse width? (I'm thinking dynamic, but what's
> the difference?)
>

> Thanks again,
>
> james
>

> "God help us. We're in the hands of engineers."
> - from Jurassic Park

> diy_efi" (without the quotes)
> majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org

dear james,
Hi,
I have a similar problem with my ecu.
I think the injection duration and pulse width for my
injector is not correct and dos not match with it's
flow rate.
In my ecu I have several injection from about 1100
micro second to 12000 micro second. The 1100 pointed
by 1 in my map and 12000 by 255. I have not understand
fully the meaning of injector flow rate,how could
measure it, and the map able relate numbers. so would
you please help me to find any sources about injectors
flow rate.

I think for my ecu the map number 2 should increase 1%
fuel relateve to number 1 in map. so if the related
inj. duration for map table (ie. from 1 to 255) are
not corect so we I not get a good results.

Iwould be appriciate if you can send me any
informations or addresses which can help me.

best regards,
h. gatch-karan