New 42Volt systems

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Thu Jan 25 19:40:53 GMT 2001

> From: A70Duster at aol.com [mailto:A70Duster at aol.com]
> Subject: New 42Volt systems
>

> I can hardly wait and see two dumba$$es trying to jumpstart
> each other in the parking lot of Walmart.  42 volt system to
> 12 volt system.  Kaboom!!!!!!

There was just an article in one of the EE publications that I receive about
proposed universal connectors for 42 V systems.  I guess this is something
that's being considered in the new connector design.  Expect to see a
"jumpstart port" on 42 V vehicles that will only be accessable with a
special set of jumper cables.

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com
http://www.novagate.com/~bryante