Another injector question

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Thu Jan 25 19:36:40 GMT 2001

> Steve Ruse wrote:
> What is the best way to test the flow rate of our injectors? Is there
> something better than just timing how long it takes them to move a
> given amount of fuel?

There is an injector flowbench article on the diy_efi page.  It's a
project all in itself but would be able to tell you all you want to know
about flow rates at different pressures, etc.  Might be easier to just
buy injectors and use the data sheet, or have some injectors flowed by
someone with the equipment.

> Also, how can we account for the open/close delays of our injectors?
> Could that be accurately determined accurately by varying the duty
> cycle and seeing how the flow rate changes from when the injectors are
> at 100% duty cycle? Is there an easy way to keep our fuel pressure
> constant while performing this test? We were just going to try using
> an automotive fuel pressure regulator.

Personally I think the easiest way to account for open/close time would
be a lookup table using data either collected by you or from the
injector data sheet.

Please try to only send plain text to the mail list.  No HTML please...

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com