gm map sensor

Richard Wakeling kojab at optushome.com.au
Tue Jan 30 00:36:20 GMT 2001

Hi Steve,
    We needed to check the calibration on our datalogger with regards boost
pressure and so set up a jig and pressurized the 2 bar and 3 bar sensors in turn.
Plotting points were made and from there a formula was found. I don't know how
these results compare with GM but we were quite happy with them and wondered how
others could compare with our findings.
    As an example a map voltage seen by the ECM/PCM of 2.49 Volts  (dec 127)

C    =   57.81 kPa  for a 1 bar sensor

D    =  110.6  kPa  for a 2 bar sensor

E    =  160.4  kPa   for a 3 bar sensor

F    =  1.53 lbs  for a 2 bar sensor