haltech mapsensor change-offer to pay for switch

Kris Weldy volvo4life at home.com
Wed Jan 31 03:06:51 GMT 2001

Thanks for the info.My car was built in 1987 -its a 1987 760 with a
b23ft(1984) turbo motor,heres some info on it...
http://www.volvospeed.com/html_thumbs/chris.htm
 and my earlier volvo the 1982 244t,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/3404/kris.html?

Now all i need is a 2.0 ltre 16valve head and intake manifold and exhuast
manifold,unfortunately i cant find one anywhere.

 I guess im going to have to find someone qualified in my area to do this
without frying my haltech ecu.Thanks for the detials though!--
Kris Weldy (AIM: VolvoFam3)
Arlington, TX
'87 760ti, 20psi w/B23FT, TO3/04E turbo, many mods

> Hi
>
> I can't do the switch for logistical reasons.
>
> But anyone with some electronic knowledge should be able to make
> modifications for an external pressure sensor. The sensor in the ecu is
> likely to be included in a three way voltage divider, the sensor in the
> middle. The differential pressure over the sensor is then amplified and
> converted to a ground referenced signal. With some knowledge of
measurement
> technique and a data sheet over either the lm324 or for the sensor itself
> the signal conditioning circuit should be easy to identify. Where it
> connects to the adc the trace must be cut, then only connect the external
> map sensor with suitable protection and maybe a voltage divider and it is
> finished.
>
> By the way, I worked at Volvo, building cars when your car was built!
Small