carb=> EFI, polish inside of intake now?

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Wed Jan 31 13:49:27 GMT 2001

At 3:34 PM 1/30/01, Ross Corrigan wrote:
>I'll be swapping my carbed Vic. Jr. for my EFI Vic. Jr. setup sometime here
>and think I know this answer but want to hear other perspectives on
>it.  Should I now be polishing the inside of my Vic. Jr. as best I can with
>a dremel etc for maximum airflow as I no longer need turbulence to keep
>fuel suspended correct?
>
>If so what's the most successful tools/methods for polishing the innards of
>this intake....usually when I've seen polishing q's asked people advise
>trying a smaller item first as most rarely finish what they start in this
>arena. I'm thinking I could take a 1/2 hour per day as my 'break' during
>studies to progress on this item.  If it's only .5% gain or similar I won't
>do it but if it's significant....''

Polish is OK with dry flow.

Main thing that polish affects (vs. just smooth)--is heat transfer. It
reduces it significantly--both by reducing surface area and by reducing
radiation (emmisivity and absorbtivity are both affected).

Work down through grit roll grit sizes and then Brasso on a felt bob to get
a mirror finish.

Greg