polish inside of intake now? + black car injector update

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jan 31 22:56:18 GMT 2001

Was Bashful...

Changed the 40s to 55#ers on the GN.
Amazingly just changing the injector size, and SOTP, things are really nice.
Running at just 10 PSI now is thrilling.   Roads limited any use of WOT.

For the 40s to be right had to use 37ish.   The 55s are at 55.
Might change with scanning but for now close enough

MAFs, Turbos, and intake tracts can make a world of difference.

I shortened the intake tract pre turbo about 3" and the spooling is
noticeably better
For the new guys, I also relocated the MAF to right by the throttle body
(post intercooler)
Bruce
   87 Black Car

From: "Shannen Durphey" <Shannen at grolen.com>
> Well, unless you're running a '29 Chebby or a Briggs n Stratton, it's not
> bad thing to keep oil splash down in that area, too.
> Shannen
> Is that Doc snickering?
> Bruce Plecan wrote:

> > Crap
> > manifold not engine.
> > Hot oil off of the bottom of the intake manifold.
> > Arrgh.
> > Bruce
> >      I'll be quiet now
> >
> > > As far as heat goes, why not polish it externally, and the under
side?.
> > > By the way, I always run the lifter sheilds in the SBC to keep the oil
> > > splash of the bottom of the engine.
> > > Bruce

> > > here
> > > with