ABS retrofit

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 03:25:57 GMT 2001

I had a F150 towing special that had the rear only abs & they were much more
a nuisance that they were worth.  The abs kept warping the front rotors (how
I don't know, but it did).  I took it to the dealer 3 or 4 times & finally I
just turned it off (removed the fuse) the down side to that is that you get
the abs light on the dash, but 2 minutes to take the little plastic piece
off the dash & 2 Milli seconds to smash the bulb into tiny bits & I was good
to go:).  If you are going to do it I would suggest a different avenue.  I
would save the $ & buy some massive rotors or do a disk conversion on the
rear end.  I guess that there are a number of people making custom brackets
& using the new style F150 rear calipers on semi factory rear ends.

BW