converting stock fuel tank

Jeff Bromberger blownz at home.com
Wed Jul 4 05:54:08 GMT 2001

this has been touched on a bit before, but i wanted to query you guys before
i actually do any mods... i've got a '94 Camaro with a completely stock
tank... i've got a weldon 2015 pump with a -12 inlet... the muffler on this
car mounts right below the fuel tank so there isn't a lot of room for any
kind of drop down sump... apparently inside of the tank there is a plastic
baffle/sump... also, the factory tank seems to be angled down towards the
back (as if the whole tank was a huge sump) i'll have it out of the car
tomorrow to know for sure... here is my question: what is best in terms of
keeping the pump constantly fed with fuel: welding a -12 fitting to the
bottom of the tank (directly below this plastic baffle/sump thingy) or
running a pickup tube in through the top of the tank and having it end in
that sump area... in my mind (doesn't mean much in this context) there's no
difference, but people seem to have reasons for doing it one way vs. the
other...

thanks!