DIY flowbench?

David Hunt bamainc at home.com
Thu Jul 5 22:01:35 GMT 2001

Barry,

have been thinking along the same lines as you.  A vacuum source could be
controlled by using the vacuum signal as feed back to a motor controller.
The flow could be measured by something like a MAF sensor.  This deluxe
system could be relatively accurate from system to system.

Also, A good vacuum source shouldn't be necessary if the differential vacuum
is held between input and output the power required to hold the differential
pressure between input and output would indicate the flow.  While sort of
repeatable from run to run, it might not be repeatable between setups.

Other ideas would be helpful.

dh