Crank Sensor/Cam sensor

Onebil2mny at aol.com Onebil2mny at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 15:42:38 GMT 2001

I have a question concerning the GM ECM# 18188021...  According to the GM
manual I am using, both the crank sensor and the cam sensor are used to
determine #1 tdc and thus to calculate the computer will calculate the
correct sequence with a 1 in 6 chance of getting it wrong. Could the lack of
a crank sensor coupled with a bad cam sensor cause this rich on one bank
problem I am experiencing? It is a seemingly random condition.

Thanks!
Bill K