'EFI technology' and books

Arnaud Westenberg arnaud at wanadoo.nl
Tue Jul 10 09:29:34 GMT 2001

Hi list,

I've been lurking for quite some time but I think I'll become more
involved now. I'll introduce myself at the end of the message.

Our race car (VW Golf) is equiped with the 'Euro96' from 'EFI
technology'. As I was looking for more information, I found myself
addressing the wrong company, it seems that there are two 'EFI
technology's'. (www.efitechnology.com and www.efitechnology.it)

First, is anyone familiar with the Euro96 system and cares to comment on
it's application in a race car? I'm unable to find much usefull info on
the system so all comments are appreciated! I'm interested in things
like reliability, performance, data logging, reprogramming, etc.

Second, are you guys familiar with either of the 'EFI technology'
companies and willing to comment on them?

I'm also looking for a decent FI book. I checked the list on the diy-efi
site but nearly all books are system specific. I'd prefer an advanced
system independent text book to get up to speed with efi as soon as
possible. Hartman, Jeff, Fuel injection - Installation, Performance
Tuning, Modifications, ISBN 0-87938-743-2 is rated quite good but in the
'Amazon' review it is also described as system specific.

<offtopic>
Is anyone familiar with (re)programming the Magnetti Marelli MT940
dashboard? I'm interested in it's features and thought I ask this list
before contacting Magnetti Marelli.

Is there a standard distribution scheme for CAN-bus message id's for all
efi systems or is this system specific?

The car is equipped with a '2D datarecording' lap timing measurement
system. This Infrared receiver/transmitter combo uses a code to
distinguish itself from other laptiming triggers used by other teams.
Since we don't have the transmitter (pitlane side) I'm investigating the
possibility of building my own transmitter. Can anyone tell me more
about this 'code' or the system before I disassemble the receiver?

<introduction>
I'm a 27 years old mechanical engineering student at the Technical
University of Delft in the Netherlands. I'm the teammanager of a race
team competing with a vw golf in a Dutch TouringCar championship. I've
been wrenching for many years now and worked on my programming skills
for the last couple of years. I really like this list and I'm sure I
will continue to enjoy reading it for a long time.

Best regards,

Arnaud