Maximum advance

Peter Matousek pegoalf at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 10:30:16 GMT 2001

As a backyard tinkerer I use to set the advance by
idle as far as it begins to knock, then couple of
degrees back. This gives you the best performance
and economy. When you like to go further then use
water injection - this way you can go almost twice
the advance. Each car can handle diferent: my Pug205
high compresion can go up to 15 deg BTDC, but after
water injection to 28 deg BTDC - great power.

Peter