Maximum advance

Marcel Chichak remote account marcel_chichak at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 16:18:42 GMT 2001

I was playing around with distributors and the whole advance curve
thing bothered me. Seems to be either a well guarded secret, black
magic or the guys that make after market distributors and write tuning
books are just full of poo.

I did a whole bunch of testing on my distributor machine ($100 at a
garage auction) then went to the university library to do research. The
University of Alberta doesn't have a lot of new books on automotive
engineering (our MechE dept is more HVAC than automotive) but I found
enough information so that it made sense to me. Of course I'm a Civil
Engineer...;-)

I compiled what I found and plunked it up on my web page
http://www.planet.eon.net/ under tech pages...Ignition advance curve
requirements. Keep in mind it's a first cut draft.

=====
--
Marcel chichak remote account
       - go here http://www.planet.eon.net/~chichm