WB Instruments

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Fri Jul 13 06:08:20 GMT 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:44:05 -0400 "Bruce" <nacelp at bright.net> writes:
> I beleive I was talking about a peek detector so as to be able to
> ignore the
> *inbetween pulse* areas of the O2s readings.   Depending on the
> display
> type, 50% of the info displayed is showing in between areas of the
> exhaust
> pulses,  my area of concern is reading what the AFR is indicated by
> the
> pulses.  Hope that clears up what I was saying

Yes, it does, but it just says what I thought you said before! My
question is, what is causing the inbetween pulse areas to show a
different afr than the last pulse itself? Unless there is dilution going
on, it seems like all you should see if a fairly quiet stairstep between
the very close afrs of each cylinder, unless you have a misfire. Why does
this normal case (no misfire) need filtering or peek detection? I know
I'm missing something. Tnx.

Brian