WB Instruments

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Fri Jul 13 21:21:53 GMT 2001

Brian L Massey wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:27:57 -0400 "rr" <rrauscher at nni.com> writes:
> > I placed an Excel data file into incoming. It
> > includes columns of interest for WB O2 observation.
>
> Thank you for that Bob, it is good to see data. Like they say, a picture
> worth 1K words. A couple further questions:
>
> How far downstream from the NB o2 sensor is your WB sensor? Zooming in on
> the data seems to show a delay between the two, so I'm assuming this is
> because they're not at the same place in the exhaust stream? Looks like
> the WB is later in the pipe?

The WB is about 3" behind the NB. They are in the head pipe right past the
header collector.

> Second thing. Right after peak rpm, there is a blip in the MAP, where
> manifold vacuum rises, and then is followed by what looks like WOT. Was
> this a shift point, or did you cause that by just an abrupt throttle
> change? As a beginner, I can't tell what I am seeing in the graph.
> Assuming you remember.

Shift point. If I remember correctly this was a roll out to WOT in 2nd gear. I
quickly shifted into third and hit it again for a moment. Then it was right to
5th.
The 3rd to 5th shows a great deal of decel enleanment as I took some time
shifting.

At about 25:26 and 25:30 there is DFCO in effect. As a side note it helps to get

used to manifold pressure as opposed to vacuum. At first I had to think about it

each & every time I saw Kpa. Now I had to think when you wrote rising vacuum!

BobR.