Mazda rotaries. Pre mix and octane reduction

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sun Jul 15 01:48:50 GMT 2001

Using the pump always for a very small amount of oil for idle.
Since you mention Road Racing, and the RPM you need to twist a rotary to go
fast, they at that stage about become disposable.  So the lose of a little
octane, or some detonation isn't really that critical of issue.  Also, some
of the 2 stroke oils are blended to be low ash, and I'd imagine might even
have some octane boosting chemicals in them.
Bruce

From: "Chris Wilson" <chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Mazda rotaries. Pre mix and octane reduction
mailto:chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk