(Knock detection methods) Re: Maximum advance

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Mon Jul 16 01:03:48 GMT 2001

The knock sensor is a microphone with 2 connections.  One is the wire connected
to the end, the other is ground.  I use a microphone jack and cable and connect
the two wires from the cable to the ks ground and the "regular" ks connection.

I do not connect the ecm to the ks when doing this.  I have used a separate ks
just for this monitoring.

Shannen