Running rich

dave.johnson at gb.abb.com dave.johnson at gb.abb.com
Thu Jul 19 10:18:44 GMT 2001

--0__=80256A8E0032EAEA8f9e8a93df938690918c80256A8E0032EAEA

There's definitely no MAF/MAP input to the ECU - this is an early 80s bike.
It has standard exhausts but, given the age I would expect it to flow
better leading to a weaker mixture?
Intake is also standard and I've tried running without the air filter in
place which would again lead to a weaker mixture.
The fuel regulator does reference MAP (it's plumbed to inlets 1 and 4) and
the pipework for this has been replaced as it was perished.

I think I need to check the fuel pressure. Are there any guidelines for
pressure to fuel ratio if the injector fuel rate is known?

Dave Johnson

 (Embedded     "Nic van der Walt" <nvdw at ifoni.com>@diy-efi.org
 image moved   19/07/2001 09:20
 to file: