Water Injection

Shane Moseley smoseley at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 27 16:34:31 GMT 2001

Try hydrolocking a diesel - I got 2 piston rods that were bent in several
dimensions (corkscrew-like).  Wasn't pretty but an awesome display of torque
potential.  $268 in parts and a few hours and she was back in business.

Latr,

Shane

Jared Ryan wrote:

> A neighbor had her Mazda in a puddle, not even a very deep one, and another
> car passed and made a wake, and the Mazda sucked in water and bent two or
> three connecting rods.  Whether or not water will damage an engine seems to
> depend on the engine.
>
> But I can't see how a well-thought-out water injection system would
> hydrolock an engine.  Just build in safety devices and it should work fine.

'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump DynaGearDoubleRoller
WindageTray CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"
'74 Triple-Black Dodge Challenger Rallye 360 EFI R&D vehicle
'93 Dakota CC 318 - soon to be mine 8)