Hi i am new to the list and i have a cpl of ??'s

Matt Cramer mac9 at po.cwru.edu
Mon Jul 30 14:19:49 GMT 2001

At 04:33 PM 7/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I have an EFI toyota supra 87 model and i was wondering how could i measure
>the injector duty and make my own little gauge for it??
>
>And about how many people are on this list??
>
>Brett Downs

	Well, I'm somewhat new to EFI myself, so you more experienced guys,
correct me if I'm wrong here.  The easiest way I can think of to measure
duty cycle would be to hook an oscillosope up to one of your injectors.
The duty cycle is the fraction of the time where the injectors are
recieving power.
	Or if you want a device that measures duty cycle alone, rig up a circuit
that averages the voltage supplied to the injector over time.  The duty
cycle should be about equal to that average divided by the peak voltage.
I'm not sure precisely how I would build a gauge to do this, though.

Matt Cramer