DIY-WB

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Tue Jul 31 23:08:42 GMT 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:53:30 -0400 rr <RRauscher at nni.com> writes:

> EGOR is dead. Long live the DIY-WB!

OK, well I have my logger now, and am *getting adjusted* to using it,
while I prepare my workbench to build a DIY-WB when ready. An aftermarket
controller is also waiting in the wings for the project.

But here's a question: what do you guys set for your logging sampling
frequency? My logger isn't a high-end one, so it doesn't allow different
rates for selected channels, just the same rate for all. So what would
you recommend would be the highest sample rate I would need for anything?
I plan on logging TPS, MAP, RPM, AFR, EGT, FP, and others I can't think
of right now. :)  Would 300hz per signal be adequate do you think? (and
yes, I'm familiar with the Nyquist rate, but I'm looking for practical
experience type answers, not merely theoretical ones. :)  Tnx for input.

Brian