SpeedPro Tuning

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Wed Jun 20 23:27:46 GMT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 00:13:31 +0200 =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F6rgen_Karlsson?=
<jorgen.m.karlsson at home.se> writes:

> And I don’t have a race car and the money, I only tune the beast.

Hi Jörgen,

I personally would like to hear anything more about your experience with
the SpeedPro as you do this tuning for the project you are working on.
Much of what you will run into is certainly going to increase the group's
understanding (and mine) of tuning, especially using WB. (I want to know
if it's worth building one :). I'm sorry to say that it seems most of the
people that pop up in these lists when they start out with the SpeedPro,
just disappear and we don't get to hear any more about their learning
process. That's too bad.

I wonder if anyone remembers like I do from past posts, about a guy that
was using a SpeedPro, but noticed it getting thrown off by bogus
situations like, a plug wire breaks, that cylinder stops firing, the HC's
in the exhaust header rise, fooling the SEFI8LO into thinking it is too
rich, so it trys to compensate, leading to a dangerous leanment for the
engine overall? I'm trying to find that in my lurk-days saved posts. I
remember it real clear. Scared me. This guy was IIRC saying that once
dialed in, that open-loop WOT fueling was much safer, because it wouldn'
t be put off by some bogus AFR indication. I don't know enough about
these things to tell if this was an important observation, or a fluke
that didn't matter.

You will mebe be able to answer this and other questions for us duffers
if you keep reporting on your experiences. Soooo, please DO!!

Brian L.