Bosch Motronic 4.1 ecu

Magnus Pålsson magnus.palsson at vok.lth.se
Tue Jun 26 00:49:25 GMT 2001

Hi All!

I don't know if there's someone out there who can help me getting
started on this;
I own a 1988 Opel Ascona (bought in Sweden). It seems to be
equipped with a Bosch Motronic 4.1 ecu (incl. L-jetronic), part
number is:

Bosch: 0 261 200 104
GM: 90 280 357

I know a bit about how to make the hardware needed to
communicate with this ecu, but not much about the software. (I
assume it's 8192 baud, not 160). How do I get info on the
communication protocol, i.e. how do I communicate with it? How
do I get access to the data stream, the errorcodes, make
diagnostic tests etc, what is possible to do with it at all? Is there any
database/magasine etc. on the web where these things can be found? In
short, is there anyone out there who could help me in any way, or point me
in a suitable direction to get the info, it would be very appreciated!

(I  know, it's not a performance car etc, I do this mostly out of
interrest, it all started with a fault in the injection system and the
more I read the more I realised could be done. I'd love getting up the
datastream on my palm during driving...!)

Best to you all, Magnus