has anyone tried this?

Jeff Bromberger blownz at home.com
Tue Jun 26 19:30:26 GMT 2001

I'm getting ready to add an aftermarket computer to my honda civic... my
concern is not the WOT tuning but rather the drivability/fuel economy type
stuff... i was thinking that it would be really handy to have a tool that
would log conditions in the current factory PCM to build a profile of the
fuel and timing maps... i'm picturing two inductive probes: one for spark
plug wire #1 and one for injector wire #1... beyond that you'd only need the
map sensor signal.  the software that is monitoring these signals/pulses
could fill in the standard 2D tables for fuel and spark and give you a big
headstart when you go to tuning the aftermarket efi system "from scratch"...
does anyone make anything like this?  I could definitely write the software,
but beyond a few basic PIC projects, i'm not that up on the hardware end of
things... though i imagine the hardware would be fairly simple...  thoughts?

thanks,
jeff