TBI on Toyota I6

TomQ zippy at tomquinn.com
Fri Jun 1 01:25:23 GMT 2001

All, I have read the Tuning Tips for EFI in the FAQ section and I have a
couple of questions.  I downloaded the CATS engine tuner and loaded the
binary of the factory EPROM I am currently using into it. Since my TBI
system runs, just not during warm up should I just deal with the spark
and fuel maps? Should I just slowly modify the maps, burn a PROM, try it
out, repeat as neccesary? I am not looking for the fastest 1/4 mile
times. Actually I want low end torque which I guess I need to test "by
the seat". Ultimately I am at the next step, tuning, and just want to
make sure I go about it correctly. Thanks for the help so far.

--
TomQ
SF,CA