TBI on Toyota I6

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Jun 1 02:09:35 GMT 2001

I think it would be a good idea to find out what is not right during warmup.  Is
the engine too lean?  Too rich?  Too low an idle speed?  Something completely
unrelated?

Do you have a scan tool?  You might look at block learn when warm to give a
rough indication of where the fuel curve is.  Consider what you need to do to
keep the engine running while cold.  Is it just a matter of holding the throttle
open more?  Does black smoke pour out of the tailpipe?  Does it start and die
repeatedly?  Does it pop through the throttle body on acceleration?

Sometimes the smallest changes can make the largest differences.  But you will
probably need to modify the calibration more than once to get an acceptable
idle.

BTW, what are you using for a throttle body?  Which injectors?
Shannen