CDI systems info wanted

Arnaud Westenberg arnaud at casema.net
Thu Mar 1 09:31:07 GMT 2001

Warwick Anderson wrote:

> Iv got a good modern CDI/MSD which Im building slowly, I mean to scan the
> plans for any who wants em...

I would really appreciate that!

> this unit can multi spark or be slightly changed to only spark twice per
> firing.
> In the plans it, it states it can handle 15,000 RPM for a V8.

Indeed, this sounds like a rather sophisticated system. I'm getting
really interested in your project!

> for a basic CDI plan look at this link
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden/page2.htm
> this one has one better thing than mine, it uses an off the shelf
> transformer, where as mine you have to wind your own. something which im
> still stuck on....

Thanks for the link, I'm going to study this system thoroughly. Maybe it
does have an of the shelf transformer but it also says it's limited to
10Hz spark rate. As for the transformer, my luck is that I have an oncle
who produces them for a living so I should be able to work that part out
with him :-)) I still want to do everything myself, as much as I can,
but you'll probably understand that or you wouldn't be on a DIY list :-)

Arnaud