CDI systems info wanted

Arnaud Westenberg arnaud at casema.net
Thu Mar 1 09:31:12 GMT 2001

Stephen Burgess wrote:

> With my limited electronic knowledge I attempted to peek inside one of those
> mysterious black boxes.....Friggin thing is so complicated it probably could
> control a lot more than just a couple of coils charging....

Hmm, lets hope these systems don't necessarily have to be complecated
because I'm no EE either, but hey, I'm willing to learn :-))

> What machine are you working on??? maybee your chip swap would work for my
> purposes?

I'm riding a Suzuki gsx 1100 '81. Although the transistor could be seen
as a chip, it's not the ECU chip swap kind of thing, it's just a
replacement for the older points systems. I don't know what you're
looking for though.

Arnaud