$175 CO meter?

Neil.Poersch at mts.mb.ca Neil.Poersch at mts.mb.ca
Fri Mar 9 11:47:13 GMT 2001

Ditto that for me.  The thought of using a cheap home CO meter is very
enticing.  As a home tuner I really don't care what the absolute value of a
particular measurement is.  I'm only interested in the relative magnitude.
I would use this for tuning my motorcycle and a small portable unit would
be very attractive.  Obviously one would have to remove the sensor for
insertion into the exhaust gas stream and make a DC supply but that should
be easy.  This could be a good example of the cost efficiencies of mass
manufacturing allowing a non-standard use.
Comments anyone?

Neil

I suspect the $35 home CO meter may actually be more accurate, and I'd be
interested to hear of your success (or failure) in using it for exhaust
CO measurement.