MAP Sensor

Murphy, Ian Ian.Murphy at Arrows.com
Fri Mar 9 13:19:56 GMT 2001

MAP stands for Manifold Absolute Pressure, so substituting a gauge
(referenced to atmosphere) pressure is incorrect. MAP is often used to
calculate charge density and hence fuelling using thermodynamic / fluid
dynamics maths involving Ideal Gas laws.

Of course, if you include a Baro sensor when designing a system, you can
infer MAP from a gauge sensor.

Ian