AUTRONIC SM2 ECU.

clayb clayb at sonic.net
Sat Mar 10 16:02:07 GMT 2001

> It seems to be very comprehensive in it's capabilities and similar to =
> Motec, but are there any technical things like accuracy of spark =
> delivery, fuel delivery, anything else? that can be used to judge this =
> system against others.

I don't know the exact pulse width resolution, but I'm sure Ray Hall can
give you the specs. I use the SMC, similar to the SM2, but missing a
couple inputs and outputs for traction control, idle air, and some other
niceties.

It has no problem controlling large injectors (96 lb/hr) at idle. I'm
able to make small corrections in fuel delivery. Ignition is similarly
accurate. I understand they're also coming out with a knock sensing unit
that will interface with their ECU, and do the usual individual spark
and fuel adjustment. I believe it will also reduce the turbo boost, if
necessary.

- Clay