Rising rate fuel pressure regulator

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Sun Mar 11 00:12:49 GMT 2001

At 2:21 PM 3/10/01, Bob Wooten wrote:
>Tanx Mark,
>
>I guess this is another marketing embellishment by the blower mfg's trying
>to pedal their stuff.  this is why I network, there are things that work
>well enough to serve their purpose & there are things that work right.  most
>profitable manufacturers make things that work work well enough to serve
>their purpose (My company is one of them), & it is not until you talk with
>the real pros (the people that work on them that have nothing to gain but
>the use of this item that you find the truth.
>
>thanks again.
>BW

There is a lot GOOD to be said for the idea of using a rising rate fuel
pressure regulator to effectively widen the dynamic range of the injectors.
This can GREATLY improve streetability, and fuel economy to some estent,
too.

Even with a quality RR regulator, though, I think one ought to plan to have
a fuel pressure transducer in the rails in order to give feed-back on what
the regulator is doing to the ecu. (Along with software that corrects for
fuel pressure variations!)  Just too much room for problems otherwise.

IIRC, Carl Summers had a source for a _REALLY_ nicely made unit, and
someone here had a picture of one of these units installed on an engine.
NICE looking unit. Most of this type of unit out there on the market do
appear to be junk waiting to happen---

Greg