Wide Band O2's

Glenn & Debbie Woodhouse gwoodhouse2 at home.com
Sun Mar 11 17:01:33 GMT 2001

I have been searching for a cost effective wide band O2 meter solution for
personal use in the tuning of my supercharged Mustang Cobra.  I was pointed
in this direction from some folks off of the Corral board.  I downloaded the
archive and poured through '98 and '99 and followed with interest the
progress of EGOR.  I do see the EGOR project listed but building once myself
is beyond my "core competancies" and would prefer to buy one if a cost
effective solution is now commercially available.  It appeared in the fall
of '99 Garfield Willis was on the eve of product introduction of
EGOR-the-module through a company called AirSIG and that they were working
with a manufacturing company on a meter solution "Proformance AFRmeter".  I
found no futher posts in the '99 archive that showed product availabilty.  I
don't find AirSIG or Proformance via web searches.  Somebody on the Corral
posted a message from this list from Garfield on June 28, 2000 announcing
preliminary pricing now through a company called EGOR Technology, Inc.  I
have not found EGOR Tech through any web searches either.  Garfield supplied
an e-mail address at that time via an MSN server which I tried recently with
no response.  I am thinking something like EGOR-the-module coupled with
DataQ's low cost 8 bit serial port logger would provide a nice system that I
could capture A/F data that is correlated with things like RPM, injector
duty cycle, MAF voltage, (even stock O2 sensor switching voltages), etc.

Garfield are you still on the list, or is there a Y2K archive I can continue
my search in, or can someone else like Dr. Gwynne, Dr. Pelcan or Frank from
the golden days of EGOR provide a status?

Thanks, Glenn.