AUTRONIC SM2 ECU.

clayb clayb at sonic.net
Sun Mar 11 16:18:07 GMT 2001

> From: "James Ballenger" <vtjballeng at yifan.net>
> Subject: RE: AUTRONIC  SM2    ECU.
>
>         I have been looking into their unit recently and it is truly a kick ass
> piece.  I currently have a Haltech E6S-8 and am running into output channel
> problems, I only have 5 and want 10 or so.  I have been talking to Ray Hall
> and the unit is a friggin Motec that costs less than my Haltech.  I strongly
> suspect we will be running the SMC next year and I am looking into them for
> some friends projects as well.

James,

I agree Autronics makes a good unit, naturally, as I use the SMC. The
only thing I would add, is that you're probably better off having too
many features, than missing one that you might like to have.

That is why I would suggest the SM2 over the SMC, unless you absolutely
need the waterproof case (which I felt obligated to get as mine is
installed in a boat). The SM2 may almost be overkill in the huge number
of features, but it is better than having to choose between using your
single output for idle air or turbo wastegate control. I chose turbo
wastegates, of course, and handle idle with fuel and timing maps. No big
deal, but If I had my druthers, they would offer a waterproof SM2.

- Clay