Additional Injector Controller

Ian Habicher ihabicher at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:09:32 GMT 2001

Hello,

I have a 1987 Mazda RX-7 and wish to retain the stock fuel injection.  I
want to build a simple controller that will pick up at 8 PSI where the stock
EFI leaves off, and drive 1 large extra injector to provide the extra fuel
I'll need under higher boost.

Ideally the threshold point should be adjustable, i.e where the controller
starts to open the injector, as determined by the boost sensor voltage.

Also the 'slope' or rate of pulse width increase with rising boost sensor
voltage needs to be adjustable.

I'm not trying to win any awards for emissions control or fuel economy, just
provide more gas when I need it under boost.  A linear slope will probably
work fine for this.

I have heard that a 555 chip or similar can be used for this.  Has anyone
done this, and are you willing to share?  I don't want to re-invent the
wheel here :)

Thanks in advance,

Ian Habicher
1987 RX-7 Turbo II