SV: "Leaf Blower" Forced induction idea

espen hilde mwichstr at online.no
Sat Mar 17 00:42:15 GMT 2001

Hi!
Thanks for showing us in matematical terms !
Your calculation just showed me that its possible......
I am Norwegian I am used to think in 1.9l four banger  you are american,
350 is the natural thing....
350 is 5.735 litres thats 3 X 1.9l engines.
You clame that anything less than making the output times 2 of an engine is
not interesting?
The 1.9l needs 13.3HP to make 1 bar boost after your calculation...I would
be happy with 0.5bar thats 50% increase in power!!!  I would need half the
output , thats 6.65 hp ....2 Leafblowers 3.32 hp each ....Thats about what
a leafblower gives .....
and it could easily be tuned to give 5-6 hp each !
thanks
Espen
Dont be embarrased .....I use to have it on my head all the time...

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org