SV: "Leaf Blower" Forced induction idea

Stewart Prince sprince at csun.edu
Mon Mar 19 17:35:24 GMT 2001

Espen
Here are the equations:
assuming upstream stagnation temp is 300 deg Kelvin, compressor efficiency is .7,
and specific heat ratio is 1.4,and the engine volumetric efficiency is .85
air density= 1.18 kg/m^3
cpair=1(kj/kg K)
Mdotair (kg/sec)=Eng_disp(cm^3) x vol_eff x density_ratio x air density(kg/m^3) x
RPM

                                                           2 x 60 x 100^3
power(kwatt)=

Mdotair(kg/sec) x cpair(kj/kg K) x Temp (K)/comp_eff x [press_ratio^.285 - 1]
try this with 2000 cc at 3000 rpm and you should get about
mdotair=.075 kg/sec
compressor power =3.5 kwatt
this might really work for your application.........