Typhon Info?

Fredrik Skog c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Wed Mar 21 16:49:57 GMT 2001

Hi all,

A friend of mine has an GMC Typhon and now we are looking into getting
more power out of it. As far as I can understand it is possible to re-map
the ECM of this car with a program called Promedit. And I have seen that
there are alot of information availabe on GM ECM's.
Anyone know where the ECM is located on the Typhon? This is a car bought
in Germany, and we have located an module under the glove box compartment
that looks like an ECM. Is this it?
The module has the numbers 16198263 and 868263WZ41053042 marked on it. I
looked at the gm_ecm site but could not find a ECM number there that
matched this number. It looks from the info available there that the
Typhon has an ECM called 747. Anyone has any info on this? Maybe we have
found the wrong module.
Any help would be apreciated.
Thanx!

	Student at the Department of Computing Science Umeå University

Fredrik Skog			    E-mail:   c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Taffelstråket 51	   	    WWW:      http://www.acc.umu.se/~skog
903 53 Umeå                         Phone:    +46-(0)90-136365
			            Mobile:   +46-(0)70-3041729