auxiliary fuel control that modifies factory ECM pulse widths

Raymond Brantley raymond at iwantperformance.net
Thu Mar 22 14:37:13 GMT 2001

Jason, I'm going to assume your tuning a GM :>) But I am tuning a Vortech'd
speed density Ford Lightning (EEC-IV and EEC-Tuner) and wrestling with the
same problem. My load/VE is 99% around 10lbs of boost. The VE lookup tables
can only go to .999 (based off a stock displacement of 351cid) so it goes
extremely lean under boost. What I am hoping to do is change the engine
displacement multiplier (the Ford code is funky for S/D displacement, long
story) to a larger number in hopes that will equate to a larger displacement
engine. So when the PCM references the VE table and calculates airflow at
99% VE for a 451 (or whatever, I haven't calculated what CID a 351 at 10lbs is)
pulsewidths will be longer. I may be waaaay off and I hope the more
experienced on the list will comment :>)

The easy way is to edit the fuel tables (heavily), but I really want to see
if I can do it via engine displacement.

Thanks,
Raymond