Need tips on hall sensors and distributors

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Tue May 1 03:37:50 GMT 2001

> I think that the distributor on your car uses the same type of hall
trigger
> as most other VAG cars.
>
> Maybe the distributors are exchangable. In that case a distributor from an
> 10v Audi5000turbo 84- could be used, it only give a trigger pulse at comp
> TDC.
>
> Fabricating a trigger wheel with one hole for your distributor should be
an
> easy task.

Jorgen, et al. Thanks for the posts regarding the hall sensors for our TDC
Cylinder #1 reference.  Fortunately, due to a few great leads, we discovered
several suitable hall sensor we can extract from VW/Audi applications.  That
eliminates the need for an off-the-shelf hall sensor and special
fabrication.

Onward with the Autronic SMC!!!

Regards,
Jurgen