RTEC: destroyed future plans ?!

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Sat May 5 09:04:37 GMT 2001

Thanks for posting that link to the RTEC chip web site. This chip works
almost EXACTLY like what I wanted to do with an array of high speed 8bit
microcontrollers. Will still need the same master controller and user
interface stuff, but now the independently running degree sensing, injector
drivers, ignition drivers and sensor interface are all in one chip instead
of several(all were to be on a common bus). This saves me about 50-75
percent of the  work I was getting planning to start later this year.

Disclaimer for the mentally challenged:
  The following is 'Sarcasm'(a form of comedy not to be taken literally).

Problem is, I heard about the RTEC chip on the list(never mind the fact that
sometime I could have stumbled across it on my own), so (according to what I
read)that means that in no way can I ever apply any part of the information
I received here to any sort of money making venture (simple and very
affordable ecu). That would make me either a thief, or an even worse enemy
of the people, The dreaded Entrepreneur. Well I guess I need to go get one
of those fancy cups of coffee and read Frau Klinton's book about child
raising while I hug a tree, and dream of the glory it would be to live in
the beautiful Utopian world depicted in Mr. Orwells book "1984".
All you professional automotive technicians out there on the list. Evryone
should quit youre jobs at once, you WILL NOT be able to work on cars for a
living and not use any of the information you have learned here. Do the
ethical thing for the good of all mankind. Then once the ill-gotten money
you stole from the people runs out you can go on welfare full-time and help
move society just a little more in the right(left) direction.
Thank you for listening Comrad.

Disclaimer#2:
The welfare crack was directed at the "welfare state" mentality, NOT people
who have legitimate reason to use such a noble but highly abused program.

Oops I better quit before I get Myself kicked off the list.

And If I had an air compressor that the public was using to air up small
things like tires in order to attract business to My gas station. I'd be
Smart.

If I let some guy off the street charge others to use My air, I'd be stupid
to let it go on.

If I shared some information (which I may have worked some to get)with like
minded individuals on the internet I'd be generous and friendly.

If I shared this information and one of them put it to use and made some
money off it, good for them. more competition in the market helps improve
the quality of the products(usualy)and variety of products available to us.

If I shared this info, someone used it and made a buck,and I got pissed.
Maby I should have done it myself. Or am I just jealous.

Those who trade info with the promise of sharing the results with those who
helped them, but go on to market products based on this group effort and
dont even return the information learned to the group.These people are just
effen A-holes. And they probably will sell their equipment at 10-20 times
what it should cost, (considering what little it costs to manufacture). And
prices such a DIY-inspired device right out of the price range of MOST DIY
types.