Crank trigger signal, runout, refrigerator magnets in the wheel?

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sun May 6 06:20:17 GMT 2001

When I was looking into them (hall sensors, that is) I seemed to recall that
some of them will not work @ low rpm.  the selling point for some of them
(Allegro or something like that) was that they would work from 100 rpm up to
some number & some of them did not have a minimum spec that made me think
that they were bad & they did not want to advertise that.  makes me think
that you might not be able to see a signal (or a reliable one).  have you
looked @ it before during crank mode?  if so, don't give this another
thought, something to consider though.

BW