1989 GMC Sierra Engine Swap - 5.0L to 5.7L

Ken Richardson krichar at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue May 15 03:03:39 GMT 2001

I recently swapped out the 5.0L in my 1989 GMC Sierra K1500 for a rebuilt
1993 5.7L engine. I'm still using the 5.0L ECM and PROM and it's not working
too badly, but it's not perfect. I would like to burn an EPROM from a 5.7L
image and maybe do a little tweaking. My problem is I'm not sure what
broadcast code to start with. Can someone get me started by pointing me to
some good working 5.7L PROM images for a 1989 to 1991 GMC Sierra K1500
automatic?

FYI, my ECM is a 1227747, broadcast code AKTR, PROM ID on a scan tool is
4271.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ken R.