EGOR testing

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sat May 26 23:50:19 GMT 2001

Its a pretty crummy day in Chicago, but I went out
and looked for the best place to screw in the probe
on my new EGOR box.  None of my cars seemed
suitable at the exhaust manifold without some mods,
so I pulled out some pictures of a tailpipe probe from
last June.  I guess the quickest way is to make "one
of those".  I don't have it done yet, but the weekend
isn't over.  The VCR can take care of the 500 for me.

There is proving in to do, but I hope that won't involve
major changes.  The whole thing including a 40 LED
display, free air calibration switch, and Rcal probe
compensation circuit is about 4" by 5 1/2".

I would eventually like to have a few more of these,
and maybe without all this hand wiring again.  I
wonder who might want to crank out a circuit board
when there is a proved in version, it looks like 4 layers
to me.  With resistors on end and dips, size should be
about the same.

More later, hopefully very soon.  Bruce Roe