injectors and valve backsides cleaned after install??

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu May 31 01:03:33 GMT 2001

Hi, Ross.

My advice is to purchase a can of GM Top Engine Cleaner.
You can pour some onto the valves and let it soak in.  If
you can keep the backs of the valves damp with TEC, you
could probably wipe the carbon looking deposits from the
valves.

TEC can also be used to clean injectors and fuel rails.  4
oz TEC to 1 gallon of gas is strong enough for most jobs.
DO NOT pour this mixture into the gas tank.  Isolate the
rails from the rest of the system then connect a pressurized
supply of solution.  You'll need a way to pulse the
injectors.  You could use an ECM with power, ground,
distributor, and injectors connected for this job.  Spin the
distributor with a drill and the injectors should start
spraying fuel like there's no tomorrow. You can also wait
until everything's bolted together and run the engine on the
TEC mix.  This will also do a good job cleaning.

Be warned, TEC and anything like it will produce huge
quantities of thick, white smoke.  Don't use TEC in a closed
garage, and unless you don't like the neighbors, don't use
it in a residential area.

Email off list if you have any Q's.

Shannen